Crest X-Monitor Console
Designed for today’s monitor-mixing techniques, X-Monitor is capable of generating both mono and stereo mixes, via the use of global mode-switches.
When stereo-mode is selected for a pair of outputs, both level and pan controls are made available on each input channel. X-Monitor can be used as a self-contained monitorsystem, because both an input microphone-splitter and comprehensive output-eq are provided. Simply add speakers and power, or in-the-ear monitors, and the system is ready to go. Extensive signal-monitoring is provided for the mix engineer: any input or output may be routed to the primary monitor-system (controllable from100mm fader) and headphones.
An additional alternate output may be used to feed an external real-time analyzer, or as a feed to an artist’s technician. Full-time LED metering is provided on all input channels, while the twelve primary-outputs are monitored with solid-state illuminated mechanical meters, located in the meter bridge assembly. A microprocessor-based muting system is provided on both inputs and outputs, and may be operated manually or in sequential-mode. X-Monitor may also be used in front-of-house applications where multiple mixed-outputs are required—as in special AV applications. All group channels may be routed to the primary mix output-pair, allowing up to twelve sub-group channels to be operated. XMonitor consoles are available with 24, 32, 40, and 48 mono input channels.
- four-band eq with sweepable mid-bands and high-pass filters on all inputs
- twelve monitor-mixes from inputs operated in mono —or in-pairs for stereo operation with level and pan functions
- additional bus assignment to four MATRIX and A and B output mixes for a total of 18-outputs
- built-in SPLITTER system with ground-lift switches
- twelve-channels of six-band output eq, with three fully-parametric mid-bands—HF and LF being sweepable, plus a continuously-variable high-pass filter
- four-channels of five-band eq on MATRIX outputs
- five-segment LED level indication on all mono input modules, with variable intensity SIGNAL PRESENT indicator and multiple sample point PEAK indicator
- stereo solo-system features: switchable AFL/PFL mode, LAST-PRESSED functions, and input-priority with master SOLO CLEAR switch —all inputs and outputs may be monitored
- signal-monitoring via headphone and alternate output, plus primary monitor output on 100mm fader
- direct input assignment to matrix system enables effects-output control or the assembly of additional generic-mix outputs
- direct input and group assignment to A and B output channels —providing additional monitor outputs (cross-stage monitor system ) or primary outputs (front-of-house application )
- separate ground-compensated insert sends and balanced returns on group, matrix and left/right outputs
- meter bridge—fourteen mechanical meters with solid-state illumination: outputs 1–12 and solo-left and solo-right