d&b audiotechnik M4
d&b M4 2-way high performance stage monitor
- integrated 15” LF and 1.3” exit horn loaded HF coaxial driver design that utilizes neodymium magnets
- constant directivity dispersion of 50° x 70° (h x v)
- can also be operated in 2-Way Active mode
- when used in an upright position the M4 serves as a powerful PA loudspeaker with a 70° x 50° dispersion
- for dedicated installation applications the dispersion characteristics of the M4 driver assembly can be rotated in 45° increments
- Components 15″/1.3″
- Dispersion 50° x 70° rotatable
- max SPL 140 dB
- Weight 20 kg / 44 lb
The d&b audiotechnik M4 cabinet is constructed from marine plywood, which incorporates the handles, has an impact resistant paint finish, M10 threaded inserts and a socket to accept loudspeaker stands. The front of the loudspeaker cabinet is protected by a rigid metal grill backed with an acoustically transparent foam. Two runners recessed in the bottom panel protect the cabinet from scratching and prevents movement.
The d&b D20 and 30D amplifiers are recommended to drive the d&b M4. The d&b D80, 10D and D6 can also be used. The M4 monitor can be driven in passive mode, requiring one amplifier channel. Alternatively, for increased headroom, the M4 can be driven in 2-Way active mode, using two channels of the D20, D80, 10D or 30D amplifiers. The recommended amplifiers for the M4 are the d&b D20 and 30D. The d&b D6, D80 and 10D amplifiers can also drive the M4 with the appropriate loudspeaker configuration selected.