The Extron DXP 88 SDI 8×8 SDI Matrix Switcher conforms to the SMPTE 259M specification. It handles all composite, 143 Mbps and 177 Mbps, component 4:2:2, 270 Mbps, and wide-screen 16:9, 360 Mbps, serial standards. Automatic cable equalization typically equalizes greater than 300 meters at 270 Mbps of Extron RG6 or equivalent high quality cable.
The DXP 88 SDI is housed in a rack-mountable, 1U, 19-inch wide enclosure. It comes standard with a front panel control and is capable of communicating with the Extron MKP 1000 remote keypad and/or MCP 1000 Master Control Panel. Control of the DXP 88 SDI from a third party control system can be done via RS-232 or RS-422.
- Inputs: Eight SDI Serial Digital Interface signals on eight female BNC connectors
- Outputs: Eight SDI Serial Digital Interface signals on eight female BNC connectors
- Inputs with buffered and equalized loop-throughs
- Outputs each with two buffered and equalized BNC connectors
- Capable of switching 4fsc or 4:2:2 serial digital video transmission standards
- SMPTE 259M compliant
- Automatic input cable equalization typically equalizes greater than 300 meters at 270 Mbps of Extron RG6 or equivalent high quality cable
- Automatically accepts four SMPTE serial digital data rates: 143, 177, 270, and 360 Mbps — The auto mode is ideal for serial data – SDI protocols where the matrix switcher automatically detects and locks onto the incoming data signal.
- Output data muting when input source is lost — An internal muting function forces the serial data outputs to a static state when input data is not present or locked.
- 16 global memory presets — These store commonly used switching configurations.
- RS-232 and RS-422 control port — Using serial commands, the DXP 88 SDI can be controlled and configured via the included Windows®-based control software, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ – Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming. The RS-232 and RS-422 port also makes it easy to install firmware updates.
- Optional control panels and keypads — Provide the flexibility to control a DXP 88 SDI matrix switcher from a remote location.
- LCD display — Displays current input/output configuration, preset configurations, and input carrier detect, as well as the status of additional system features.
- Control software — Provides a graphical, drag-and-drop interface for I/O configuration and other customization functions via RS-232 remote control. This software also offers an emulation mode for configuration of an offsite matrix switcher.
- 1U, rack-mountable metal enclosure
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient internal universal power supply — The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability.