Focusrite - OctoPre MkII
With eight channels of Focusrite preamplification and a built-in 24-bit / 96 kHz ADAT output, OctoPre MkII
is Focusrite’s powerful input upgrade for your Pro Tools system, or any digital audio workstation. It’s also a great expansion for any analogue or digital console, or hard disk recorder.
With the Focusrite OctoPre MkII
digital output allows you to make the most of often-neglected ADAT inputs; ideal for expanding the number of mic pre inputs on your interface. Connect OctoPre MkII to your audio interface’s ADAT input to create a high quality, multi-channel recording solution, ideal for tracking drums, as well guitars, keyboards, vocals and more.
Key Features for Focusrite OctoPre MkII:
Eight high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96 kHz digital output
- The best sounding multi-channel mic pre in its class.
Mic preamps optimised for tracking drums
- Make the most of your interface’s ADAT input. OctoPre MkII connects via its built-in Lightpipe output, with a ‘real world’ dynamic range performance of 110dB.
Two quality Hi-Z instrument inputs
- OctoPre MkII is designed not to clip, with preamps optimised to handle extreme levels from sound sources like kick drum and snare.
5 LED input metering on every channel
- OctoPre MkII’s first two channels feature DI’s, ready for you to plug in your guitars and bass, instantly accessible on the front fascia.
-10dB Pads on every channel
- OctoPre MkII’s fast-acting 5-LED input meters provide clear reference of input levels, helping you to avoid analogue or digital clipping.
Direct outputs on every channel
- OctoPre MkII is drum-ready, with 10dB pads to stop hot signals from overdriving the microphone preamp.
48V Phantom power available on every channel
- For routing and flexibility, especially in the live environment. Each mic pre can be routed to the mixer’s analogue channels, with two mirrored ADAT outputs (44.1) left free to send to digital recorders.
State-of-the-art clocking solutions
- Switched in two groups (1-4 and 5-8) every channel is capable of supplying phantom power, for use with most condenser microphones.
- OctoPre MkII's internal clock delivers a jitter performance of < 10 PPM. For external clocks, a BNC connector is provided and industry-standard JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology is employed.