is the lightest line array element in its class. It can work as a complement to K1 or as a standalone system for events or installations with audiences of up to 20,000.
Variable curvature WST line source
- K1 system design rescaled into a 12” compact and flexible format
- V-DOSC SPL and bandwidth, with 10° inter-element flexibility
- 100% acoustic and rigging compatibility with K1 and K1-SB
- 70°/110° symmetric and 90° (L/R) asymmetric horizontal directivity
- LA-RAK (LA8) advanced system drive and protection
- Low-weight for rigging limitations and cost-effective logistics
L-Acoustics K2 is the full range element of a WST line source with variable curvature and adjustable horizontal directivity.
The K2 loudspeaker enclosure base is a 3-way active design. It comprises 4 input sections: 2 LF and 1 MF at a nominal impedance of 8 ohms, and 1 HF at a nominal impedance of 16 ohms. It features two 12” speakers and four 6.5”, all direct-radiating neodymium speakers mounted in a bass-reflex enclosure, and two 3” neodymium diaphragm compression drivers. The compression drivers couple to individual DOSC waveguides and adjustable directivity fins.
The transducers are implemented in a K-shape configuration. The cabinet is of machined first grade Baltic birch plywood in combination with die cast aluminum side panels to ensure maximum acoustical and mechanical integrity while reducing weight to the minimum. A four-point rigging system is integrated into the cabinet
The K2 enclosure operates over the nominal frequency range of 35 Hz to 20 kHz. Reinforce its LF resources with the dedicated K1-SB extension and extend its bandwidth down to 25 Hz with the SB28 subwoofer. In the horizontal plane, the directivity is adjustable down to 300 Hz, with two symmetric settings (70° or 110°) and two asymmetric settings (90° as 35°/55° or 55°/35°).