L-Acoustics KARA / KARAi
delivers the highest performance, featuring a compact and lightweight enclosure complying with rigging and sightline constraints and the complementary SB18(i) subwoofer for reinforced LF contour applications.
L-Acoustics KARA / KARAi
Modular WST line source
- Compact and lightweight design, compliant with rigging and sightline constraints
- Extended LF resources for contour requirements from flat to medium
- Clarity, intelligibility and precision for vocal, speech and lead instruments
- 110° horizontal directivity for distributed applications, fills and central clusters
- LA-RAK (LA8) advanced system drive and protection
- Discreet and accurate rigging system
- White and architectural RAL color available (KARAi)
L-Acoustics KARA / KARAi modular line source element has an operating frequency bandwidth from 55 Hz to 20 kHz. This response can be lowered down to 32 Hz with the addition of the SB18 / SB18i low frequency extension.
KARA / KARAi features a 2-way, bi-amplified design and is equipped with 2 x 8” neodymium LF speakers in a bass-reflex tuned enclosure. The HF section features a 3” neodymium diaphragm driver coupled to a DOSC waveguide.
The K-shaped coplanar transducer configuration generates a symmetric horizontal coverage of 110° without secondary lobes over the entire frequency range. The combination of coplanar symmetry and DOSC waveguide allows the system to fulfil the 5 WST criteria. Any KARA (i) line source can be curved up to a maximum of 10 ̊ for each element without breaking the inter-element acoustic coupling.
The KARA / KARAi enclosure is made of first grade Baltic birch plywood to ensure maximum acoustical and mechanical integrity. The 4 point rigging system allows suspending up to 24 KARA in a single array. The KARAi enclosure meets the IP45 rating for protection from solids and liquids. The 4-point rigging system allows suspending up to 12 KARAi in a single array.
The KARA / KARAi system is driven by the dedicated LA8 amplified controller which ensures active system linearization, intelligent transducer protection, and optimization for 3 operating modes:
- The “FULL RANGE” mode for standalone Line Source arrays or distributed applications
- The “HIGH-PASS” mode for fills or for KARA as a K1 downfill
- The “LOW EXTENSION” mode for KARA/SB18 / SB18i/KARAi configurations.
The performance of KARA / KARAi depends upon the choice of electronic preset and physical system configuration.