MA Lighting MA VPU light is a Video Processing Unit for controlling, live accessing and altering videos, still images and 3D objects in real time.
MA Lighting MA VPU light (Video Processing Unit)
Main features and specification for MA Lighting MA VPU light (Video Processing Unit):
- Configuration, programming, operation, content distribution and software updates via any grandMA2
- Easy to connect for instant start
- Supports blind-mode and preview programming (switchable from the console)
- Built-in EDID manager to avoid wrong output configuration
- Advanced pixel mapping functionality – DVI out and Pixelmapper can be used simultaneously
- Frame and DMX synchronicity
- Very low latency live video input (MA VPU plus MK2 and MA VPU basic MK2)
- 3D keystoning and softedging
- Efficient backup solution – one additional MA VPU is capable of backing up any other MA VPUin the network
- Implemented text ticker and test-pattern generator
- Layer reference option: this allows any layer as input for another
- Professional balanced sound playback (with or without ground lift)
- Best hardware components encapsulated and decoupled for outstanding performance and rock-solid reliability
MA Lighting has developed the MA VPU (Video Processing Unit) as a powerful range of solutions for controlling, live accessing and altering videos, still images and 3D objects in real time.
All videos, still images and 3D objects can be scaled, positioned, tiled, coloured and manipulated directly from any grandMA2 console. It is as simple as controlling any other fixture – the MA VPU just has to be added to the network session. There are no additional parameters needed to control an MA VPU. The whole operation relies on the highly intuitive well-established MA philosophy. So if you know grandMA2, you know the MA VPU. Additionally, the free to download VPU software has a teaser mode built-in, which gives you two layers of free playback with limited resolution to just test the functionality at your Windows computer.
Thanks to the power of the HAP codec MA VPU can display all videos in resolutions higher than Full HD now. Furthermore, the internal output synchronisation of the MA-Net2 ensures the highest frame and DMX synchronicity.
Horizontal and vertical softedge blending as well as keystone correction help to scale videos to any size desired. Size doesn’t matter! More than that, the MA VPU offers a convenient 3D keystoning functionality and enables the user to fit content to any 3D objects, regardless of size and shape. Furthermore improvements to frame interpolation and smooth speed control can be used to adjust the playback speed.
Beyond that there is a myriad of functions, features and effects available like frame blending, colour boost, dynamic colour key, contrast, brightness, hue, saturation as well as blur, sepia, black/white, ocean and invert and many more. Everything is easy to access and self-explanatory. Combinations of videos and still images can be mixed and controlled, and JPEG images and standard windows bitmap images such as *.bmp and *.gif as well as *.png with alpha channel are supported. Up to 32 x 3D-video-layers are possible for content.
The MA VPU can be programmed via the grandMA2 console in blind and preview modes. This means that the MA VPU follows the console to blind and preview mode, which simplifies programming considerably. Also the VPU has a Single-Layer-Crossfade mode which allows the user to programm all content on the same layer with programmable fade times.
All three versions of the MA VPU are optimised for transportation, longevity and on-the-road use. Each MA VPU comes with a pre-installed content library comprising more than 17GB of professional content.
Did not find what you need? Send us an enquiry
Glossary: MA VPU Light, MA Lighting VPU Light