Compact High-Power Curvilinear Array Loudspeaker is a self-powered, three-way loud-speaker designed for vertical curvilinear arraying. A member of the MILO® family of high-power curvilinear array loudspeakers, the MICA loudspeaker is ideal for applications that do not require quite as much power and throw distance.
Meyer Sound MICA
Meyer MICA Compact High-Power Curvilinear Array Loudspeaker
- equally applicable in a wide variety of applications such as touring, rental and fixed installations
- provides an excellent complement to a MILO main system for tours that are playing a variety of venues
- use as sidefills for large arenas and sheds and as the main system for smaller venues
- provides very high acoustic output, with a single MICA producing a peak output of 138 dB SPL at one meter
- high output combines with exceptionally flat phase and frequency response over a wide operating range of 60 Hz to 18 kHz
- MICA’s frequency response, with its extended high-frequency characteristics, is quite compatible with MILO in applications where both loudspeaker types are used
Use Meyer Sound MICA systems in either fly or ground-stack configurations.
QuickFly rigging hardware uses captive GuideALinks within recessed guides in the front and rear corners of the cabinet. A slot and convenient handle allow to move the link and pinned for arraying or storage.
The rear link permits 10 splay angles between 0 and 6 degrees (in 0.5-degree increments from 0 to 3 degrees, and in 1-degree increments from 3 to 6 degrees). The two-position front link may be set to add 7 degrees, adjusting coverage to miss balcony fronts and other architectural obstacles.
The rigid connections allow easy adjustment of array tilt, and often eliminate the need for a pullback strap in flown configurations. A single flown array can include up to 22 MICA loudspeakers with a 7:1 safety factor, and 25 loudspeakers with a 5:1 safety factor.
Options for Meyer MICA include a weather-protected version with a rain hood to safeguard the electronics, and custom color finishes. Top and transition grids, a caster frame for transporting stacks of multiple units, and protective covers are available.
Did not find what you need? Send us an enquiry