Main features and specification for Midas PRO1:
- Live performance digital console with up to 48 simultaneous input channels
- 24 award-winning MIDAS microphone preamplifiers
- 27 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
- AES50 networking allows up to 172 inputs and 172 outputs @ 96 kHz sample rate
- 8 VCA (Variable Control Association) and 6 POPulation groups
- Up to 28 assignable 1/3 octave KLARK TEKNIK DN370 graphic equalisers
- Up to 6 multi-channel digital signal processing effects engines
- 18 MIDAS PRO motorised 100 mm faders
- Daylight viewable 15” full colour TFT display screen
- Fully interpolated touch sensitive controls
- Optional wireless remote control with MIDAS MIXTENDER App for iPad
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Display Screen for the Midas PRO1
The high-resolution screen remains visible even in direct sunlight. In this aspect, the PRO1’s visual support is exceptional, as most conventional consoles become difficult, or impossible to operate in high ambient lighting. Visual feedback for the entire system is provided by the screen. Pressing the HOME key (just to the left of the assignable controls) instantly displays the console overview screen, which keeps all vital information (all metering, all fader positions, mutes and solos) in view at all times.
Detail Panel Area
The detail panel is a vertically oriented channel strip, with an almost identical layout to the PRO2, 3, 6 and 9. The controls are configured in a logical, signal-path sequence and are easily identified by their relative positions. Both analogue users and digital adopters will find no difficulty using the large multi-colour LCD channel select buttons for navigating the console.
The PRO1 features two input gains per channel. First is the remote analogue gain for that wonderful MIDAS mic amp, the second is a digital gain. Set the analogue gain for the desired amount (if any) of that famous MIDAS “warmth”, then use the digital gain to trim to your preferred gain structure.
MIDAS digital EQ features fully interpolated controls, which re-create the original phase-shift as experienced when working on the Worlds’ best-loved analogue consoles. Each input channel has 4-band parametric EQ, with a choice of four different filter types for both the high and low filters. These powerful EQ options enable the user to employ EQ filters which emulate the sound of historic MIDAS consoles, or, freed of the limitations of analogue circuitry, choose advanced digital filter types.
The dynamics processing on the PRO1’s input channels is identical to the much-acclaimed MIDAS XL8. Each input channel features a frequency-conscious gate and a choice from four different compressor algorithms. Further creative expression is available, as all four compressor options feature variable knee, internal and external sidechain filtering, and colouration artefact options. Output (buss) compression offers a choice of five different options. These compression algorithms are designed to provide the engineer with a broad pallet of options for maximum creative potential, right down to the visual display on the screen changing to support the different styles. More dynamics processing options are available in the PRO1’s FX rack, including multiband compression and dynamic equalisation.
Midas PRO1 Configuration
- A 100 inputs x 102 outputs (max capacity) point-to-point routing anywhere within the Network
- 24 mic/line inputs with MIDAS mic preamps
- 48 simultaneous input processing channels
- 24 analogue outputs (including 2 stereo local monitor outputs)
- 3 AES3 outputs
- 2 AES3 inputs
- 27 sample-synchronous, phase-coherent mix busses
- Up to 12 multi-channel FX engines
- Up to 28 KLARK TEKNIK DN370 31-band Graphic EQs A Full-colour 15” daylight-viewable display screen
- 8 VCA (Variable Control Association) groups
- 6 POPulation groups
- 96 kHz 40-bit floating-point processing throughout
Additional I/O Unit Options
- DL431 24 in 5 way split: fixed configuration I/O
- DL251 48 in / 16 out fixed configuration I/O
- DL252 16 in / 48 out fixed configuration I/O
- DL351 Up to 64 in / 64 out configurable I/O (8 card slots)
- DL451 Up to 24 in / 24 out configurable I/O (3 card slots) PRO1 Control Centre Weight and Dimensions: A Width 685.20 mm (26.98” ) Depth 722.14mm (28.43”) A Weight: 21.5kg (47.5lbs) (weights are approximate and out of flight case)
The ground breaking PRO1 features 48 simultaneous input channels with 24 award-winning MIDAS Microphone Preamplifiers and 27 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses in an all-new lightweight aluminium frame. Like all PRO Series consoles, the PRO1 features managed latency and 40 bit floating point processing precision.
Designed for use in high-profile live sound applications, the PRO1 sets a new standard of performance and portability in a compact digital console form factor.
AES50 audio networking technology allows the PRO1 to dynamically assign up to 172 inputs and 172 outputs at 96 kHz sample rate to any of its input channels and bus outputs on a scene-by-scene basis. This high level of connectivity, coupled with the large channel and bus counts, makes the PRO1 equally at home in theatres and clubs as it is in live concert touring, outside broadcast and music festivals.
Did not find what you need? Send us an enquiry
Glossary: Midas PRO 1, Midas PRO-1