Nexo Geo S System
- S805 5° Tangent Array Module. 8” (20cm) Neodymium Hi-flux 16 Ohm LF Driver and 1” Throat Neodymium HF Driver on a 5° Hyperboloid Reflective Wavesource. Your main building block for curved vertical tangent arrays; integral precision array assembly system.
- Nexo Geo S System - S830 30° Tangent Array Module. 8” (20cm) Neodymium Hi-flux 16 Ohm LF Driver and 1” Throat Neodymium HF Driver on a 30° Hyperboloid Reflective Wavesource. The building block for horizontal tangent arrays, and the tangent down-fill element for curved vertical arrays; integral precision array assembly system.
- CD12 HyperCardoid Subbass. Two 12” (30cm) Long Excursion Neodymium 6 Ohm Drivers, each controlled by one DSP channel, creating a 120° x 120° hypercardioid pattern. Can be flown or ground-stacked.
- NX242 Digital TDcontroller. Provides comprehensive control of the above GEO S8 Series loudspeakers in multiple configurations. For a complete description of this unit, please refer to the NX242 User Manual. Please remember that the NX242 Digital TDcontroller’s DSP algorithms and parameters are software and are updated regularly. Please consult the NEXO web site (www.nexo.fr or www.nexo-sa.com) for the latest software releases.
- GEO Flying System. Coupled with the integral array assembly system on GEO S8 Series cabinets, provides safe, flexible and simple means of flying GEO Tangent Arrays. NOTE: GEO Tangent Arrays control the dispersion of acoustic energy with a high degree of precision. Inclinometers and laser aiming devices are essential to ensure proper audience coverage when hanging or flying a GEO Tangent Array.
- NS-1 Design Software. MATLAB based Windows software simplifies the design and implementation of vertical tangent GEO arrays.
GEO S830 with NX242 TDcontroller
Frequency Response [a] - 67 Hz – 19 kHz ± 3 dB
Usable Range @-6dB [a] - 60 Hz – 20 kHz
Sensitivity - 1W @ 1m [b] 99 dB SPL Nominal -97 dB SPL Wideband
Peak SPL @ 1m [b] - 125 to 128 dB Peak for a single cabinet. Configuration dependant when arrayed
Dispersion [c] - Coupling Plane: 30° for a single cabinet. Configuration dependant Non-coupling plane: 120° (configurable to 80°).
Directivity Index [c] - DI = 12 Nominal (f > 1.5 kHz) for a single cabinet. Configuration dependant when arrayed.
Crossover Frequency - 1.8 kHz Passive
Nominal Impedance - 16 ohms
Recommended Amplifiers - 1500 to 3000 Watts into 4 ohms / 4 cabinets per channel. Up to 6 cabinets per channel may be connected to large amplifiers capable of operating into low impedance loads.
Components - LF: 1 x 8” (20cm) Neodymium Hi-flux 16 Ohm Driver HF: 1 x 1” Throat Neodymium Driver on a Hyperboloid Reflective Wavesource
Height x Width x Depth - 406 x 250 x 219 mm (16” x 9 7/8” x 5 5/8”) without flying hardware
Shape 30° - Trapezoid
Weight - 13 kg (28.7 lbs) with Tangent Array Assembly System; 10.5 kg (23 lbs) net
Connectors - 2 x NL4MP SPEAKON 4 pole (In & Through)
Construction - Baltic Birch Ply finish with structured black coating.
Front Finish - Perforated Steel Grill
Flying points - Integral flying system. Intercabinet Angle Adjustments = 0.31 to 5° (logarithmic steps), 17.5° & 30°
Electronic Controller - The NX242 Digital TDcontroller presets are precisely matched to the GEO S8-Series cabinets and include sophisticated protection systems. Using GEO S Series cabinets without a properly connected NX242 Digital TDcontroller will result in poor sound quality and can damage components.
HF Dispersion Configuration - After quick release of the front grill from its fittings, the HF Waveguide can be configured for 80° or 120° dispersion in the non-coupling plane.
Array Design - S805 and S830 cabinets, having tangent waveguides, can be mixed in the same array.
Sub-bass - The S830 can be used without the optional CD12 Hypercardiod Sub. In this case the NX242 can be used in stereo. With the CD12 Hypercardiod Sub each Sub channel requires two NX242 outputs and the NX242 will operate in mono.
Speaker Cables - The GEO S830 are wired 1- & 1+ on both Speakon connectors, 2- & 2+ are not connected.