Vari-Lite VL3500 WASH FX is a high output, multifunctional moving head lighting fixture with an output that exceeds 70,000 lumens.
Vari-Lite VL3500 WASH FX
Main features and specification for Vari-Lite VL3500 WASH FX:
- Color System: Six color control wheels total. A three filter CYM cross fading system, two fixed color wheels with five interchangeable color filters each capable of continuous wheel rotation for additional effects, and a variable CTO color temperature correction wheel.
- Beam Control: A zoomable beam spreader mechanism provides continuous beam size control for rapid or smooth timed changes. The VARI-BRITE mode, accessible from all zoom positions, splits the beam spreader and produces a tight, intense column of light. Easily interchangeable glass panels (included) allow user to choose either Fresnel or Buxom spreader patterns.
- Beam may also be controlled through the use of one of three easily interchangeable front lenses: Plano Convex-ULTRA Clear, Plano Convex-Stipple, and Fresnel – all three included.
- All front lens assemblies have mounting points to allow for attachment of after market accessory hardware.
- One rotating FX pattern wheel provides four rotatable and indexable positions and one open position. Additional catalog and custom FX Patterns available upon request.
- Intensity Control: Full field dimming designed for both smooth timed fades as well as quick dimming effects.
- Strobe: High-performance dual blade strobe system independent of dimmer wheel and capable of ultra-fast operation.
- Pan and Tilt: Smooth, time-controlled continuous motion by way of three-phase stepper motor systems.
- Range: Pan - 540°, Tilt - 270°.
- Accuracy: 0.3° resolution.
The VL3500 Wash FX luminaire is the newest member of the VARI-LITE Series 3000 family of luminaires. With an output that exceeds 70,000 lumens, as well as varied new options for color and beam control, this fixture will soon be the standard by which all wash lights are measured.
The VL3500 Wash FX luminaire features internal zoomable beam optics with either Fresnel or Buxom options, an interchangeable front lens system, and a four position plus open rotating FX pattern wheel. The fixture provides CYM color mixing, variable CTO color temperature correction, dual five-position color wheels, a separate dimmer, and an independent dual blade strobe mechanism.
In conjunction with its zoomable optics system, Vari-Lite introduces the VARI-BRITE mode. From almost any zoom position, this mode can be engaged to offer a tight column of remarkably intense light making the VL3500 Wash FX the most versatile wash luminaire on the market.
Vari-Lite VL3500 Wash FX allows users to operate its single lamp at three different wattages via either a control channel setting or a lamp menu option. With only a setting change from the control
console or at the fixture, the luminaire will run the short arc lamp at 900W, 1200W or 1650W without any detrimental effects on the lamp.
An upper enclosure houses the control electronics as well as an arc power supply for the unit’s short arc lamp. The arc power supply is power factor corrected for efficient power distribution and
The VL3500 Wash FX is similar in size to our other Series 3000 luminaires, which provides a consistent hang configuration and appearance no matter which luminaire type is utilized.
Did not find what you need? Send us an enquiry
Glossary: Vari-Lite VL3500WASH FX, Vari-Lite VL3500FX WASH, Vari-Lite VL3500-FX