XTA - C2 Dual Digital Compressor
The XTA C2 Dual Digital Compressor is a powerful DSP based audio dynamics processor, ideally suited for live sound applications, where it combines the accessibility and immediacy of a pure analogue design with the quality and accuracy of a digital design in a compact 1U unit.
To achieve this, the XTA C2 Dual Digital Compressor has an analogue control surface, following the ‘one control – one function’ philosophy and a pure digital signal path, with 24-bit conversion, 40-bit internal processing and a professional 48kHz sampling rate.
The C2 is also available with optional AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs.
Features for the XTA C2:
- Look ahead attack available on the compressor for instantaneous control of transients
- Automatic time constants which are intelligently adjusted depending on the setting of other controls (namely the sidechain EQ frequency when in De-EQ mode)
- Sidechain EQ built-in for the compressor - switchable to lo/hi shelf and wide/narrow parametric, with variable stepped gain and high-resolution frequency adjustment.
- De-EQ mode - an extension of traditional De-Essing where the sidechain filter band not only affects the sensitivity of the compressor at certain frequencies, but also only compresses around those frequencies. De-Essing, and De-Popping, and any other band reduction in power as required.
- Digitally accurate metering with indication of closeness to compression threshold.
- Independent limiter section with metering.
- Stereo mode, where both channels are linked and track 100% accurately.
- AES/EBU Digital input and output interfaces are available as an option.
- Input and output balancing transformers are also available as an option