Main features and specification for Yamaha 01V96:
- Cutting-edge performance, capacity, control, and compatibility: 01V96 fits comfortably in the small-studio space and budget while delivering sound, capacity, control, and compatibility on a par with much larger consoles.
- 24 analog & digital channel inputs, expandable to 40: Right out of the box the 01V96 gives you 16 analog channel inputs – 12 with high-performance microphone head amplifiers, and 8 digital channel inputs via a built-in ADAT optical interface.
- 20-bus configuration: The 01V96 offers a main stereo program bus, 8 individual mixing buses, 2 solo buses, and 8 auxiliary buses – a total of 20 in all. This gives you plenty of signal-routing options to adapt to just about any mixing requirements.
- Built-in ADAT optical interface: The 01V96 comes with an industry-standard ADAT optical digital I/O interface built right in – no options necessary.
- 99-scene memory: Complete console setups can be memorized and instantly recalled via the 01V96 scene memory controls. Memory is provided for up to 99 scenes.
- Surround panning: Surround is becoming an important part of modern sound production. The 01V96 features 6.1, 5.1, and 3-1 surround panning modes so you can create surround mixes without having to sacrifice features or performance in other areas.
- Studio manager software supplied: The 01V96 comes supplied with Yamaha’s Studio Manager software application for both Macintosh and Windows platforms.
- Refined user interface: Even the 01V96 user interface has evolved from the original 01V in many ways, now more closely resembling its big brothers, the 02R96 and DM2000.
- Large LCD panel: The new 01V96 display is a high-resolution 320 x 240 dot LCD panel that provides easy visual access to all of the consoles functions and parameters.
- Layer-switching for fast 32-channel + aux/bus fader access.
- Fader Mode: The fader mode keys allow the 01V96 faders to be instantaneously switched between fader and auxiliary level control.
- Display access: The display access keys determine which type of data will be shown on the LCD panel – a total of 12 selectable categories.
- User-defined keys: These 8 keys can be assigned to control any functions you choose.
- Data entry: Large cursor, INC/DEC, and enter keys are complemented by a data entry dial that lets you spin in values quickly and easily. The data entry dial also doubles as a shuttle/scrub dial for recorder or DAW control.
- Analog input section: Most of the 01V96 input connectors are top-mounted for easy access in any application.
- Rear panel: The rear panel is home to balanced analog stereo and monitor outputs as well as 4 balanced “omni” outputs.
- 100-mm motorized faders x 17
- Faders can set levels for Input Channels, Aux send levels, and Bus Outs.
- Four selectable software layers determine the function of channel faders.
- 320 x 240 dot LCD display
- Buttons and controls in the SELECTED CHANNEL section enable direct editing of channel EQ parameters.
- 8 USER-DEFINED KEYS enable you to assign functions to control 01V96 internal parameters.
- ADAT optical connectors
- Expansion slot for optional digital I/O, AD, and DA cards.
- Linear 24-bit, 128-times oversampling A/D converters
- Linear 24-bit, 128-times oversampling D/A converters
- 20 Hz through 40 kHz frequency response at 96 kHz sampling rate.
- 106 dB typical dynamic range
- 32-bit internal signal processing (58-bit accumulator)
Inputs and Outputs
- 12 mic/line inputs with switchable +48 V phantom power and 4 line inputs
- 12 analog inserts
- Any Bus Outs or Channel Inserts can be routed to four Omni Outs.
- Individual outputs for Stereo Out and Monitor Out
- Analog 2TR In and Out for use with Tape In and Out signals
- An optional card installed in the slot permits a maximum of 16 inputs/outputs.
- Digital 2TR In and Out for consumer-format digital audio signals
- Double Channel support for recording and playing at 88.2/96 kHz on 44.1/48 kHz legacy multi-track digital recorders.
- You can cascade two 01V96s while remaining in the digital domain.
- Input patches enable assignment of input signals to desired signal paths.
- Output patches enable assignment of Bus Out signals and Input Channel Direct Outs to desired output jacks.
- 32 Input Channels and four ST IN channels can be mixed at a time. Group multiple channels and pair channels for stereo.
- Eight Bus Outs and eight Aux Sends. Bus Outs 1-8 can be routed to Stereo Buses for use as Group Buses.
- Channel library for storing and recalling the channel settings for each Input Channel and Output Channel
- Four-band EQ on each channel
- Dynamics processors on all channels (excluding ST IN channels)
- Dynamics processor settings and EQ settings can be stored in libraries and recalled.
- Four high-quality multi-channel effects (Apply effects via Aux Sends or Channel Inserts)
- Effect library for storing and recalling effect settings.
Scene memories for storing and recalling mix settings as Scenes
- Supports 3-1, 5.1, and 6.1 channel surround sound production
- Surround channel outputs can be assigned to suit connected devices.
- Control and manage your 01V96 from your Mac or PC using bundled Studio Manager software.
- Remote Layer for remote control of Pro Tools, Nuendo, and other DAWs that support the Pro Tools protocol
- Control an external recorder via MMC commands.
- Equipped with MIDI ports and a USB port for computer connection
- Scene recall and mix parameter changes via MIDI
The compact 01V96 Digital Console features 24-bit/96 kHz digital audio processing without compromise, as well as 40-channel simultaneous mixing. The 01V96 covers a broad range of needs and applications, including multi-track recording, 2-channel mixdown, and cutting-edge surround sound production. This integrated, comprehensive audio system features remote control function for DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) as popularized by the DM2000 and 02R96 Digital Mixing Consoles.
The Yamaha 01V96 Digital Audio Console has a maximum 40-channel input capacity and can be cascaded for applications that require more. And, of course, 24-bit/96kHz operation is standard. Mixer functions and effects are all inherited from the top-of-the-line DM2000, so you know you’re getting the best.